Laos has only been open to tourism since 1998, but this languid country has become a must-stop destination for visitors to Southeast Asia who just want to slow down a bit and take in the beauty of a life lived along the mighty Mekong River. The visitor who wants to enjoy the rhythms of this laid-back and gentle-natured country will be treated to a landscape replete with golden-roofed Buddhist temples, weathered French architecture, and lush vegetation. Whether sauntering around Laos’s sleepy capital city Vientiane or UNESCO Heritage-listed Luang Prabang, with its stately and mesmerizing scene of saffron-robed monks’ alms procession at dawn, you will be charmed by this gentle and meditative place.
Meet upon arrival and transfer to your hotel for check-in. Afternoon visit include the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun, the shrines of Wat Aham and Wat Mai, and the magnificent Wat Xiengt Thong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, a classical Laotian architectural style. Villa Santi Hotel (D)
After breakfast, embark on a slow boat ride to Pak Ou Caves (or Buddha caves). The two linked caves are crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes brought there by devoted villagers. Return toLuang Brabang. Time at leisure until dinner. Tonight, take a stroll in the old part of town, along the Mekong and visit the night market. Villa Santi Hotel (B/L/D)
- Service of IA tour director (only group tour), local guides and a driver.
- Accommodations with tax and service charges
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing as noted in itinerary & entrance fees to sites and museums
- Airport transfers
- Surface transportation in air conditioned vehicles
- Visa provision services
- Luggage handling (two pieces of luggage per person)
- International (trans-Pacific) airfare
- Visa fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Beverages at group meals
- Travel insurance
- At time of reservation: $300
- 120 days prior to departure: 20% of land cost
- 60 days prior to departure: Balance
All deposits are non-refundable. Refunds of final payment will be honored as follow:
- 61-90 days prior to departure: 75% refund
- 45-60 days prior to departure: 50% refund
- 44 days or less to departure: No refund
- Full refund if Insiders Asia cancels the tour.